3/4 cup almond flour or any gluten free flour (I like it with chestnut flour)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of pink himalayan salt (or any other salt)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or 1 cinnamon stick)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 medium sweet potato, cooked, skin removed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (or 1 vanilla pod)
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup almond or coconut milk (depending of your liking)
• If you choose to use a cinnamon stick and a vanilla pod, boil with the sweet potato and let it sit 15min so the flavors infuse. Drain and mash everything together.
• In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon (if powder), and nutmeg until no lumps remain.
• Separate the eggs whites and yokes.
• In a separate bowl, mash the sweet potato, and then use an electric mixer to beat in the egg yokes, vanilla (if liquid), maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond/coconut milk.
• Beat the egg white until fluffy, and add it to the sweet potato mix.
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and beat until just combined
• Cook using a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Enjoy with the fruits of your choice and additional maple syrup.