450g (3 cups) all purpose flour
100g (1/2 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
200g (7/8 cup) softened butter or margarine cut in cubes
About 100g jam of your choice (we have cloudberry in the pictures)
• Set your oven to 200°C (390°F).
• Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
• Add softened butter, and work it together quickly. Get your hands in there! Or use a food processor.
• When the dough is ready, leave it in the fridge for a bit; it makes it easier to manage later.
• Roll balls from the dough. Put them on an oven tray lined with paper, and use your fingers to push a little “cave” into each ball. Put some jam in each cave.
• Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, until they are golden.
• Let them cool down, and enjoy!