215g coconut milk
4 kaffir lime leaves (dry)
Juice from 1/2 lime
85g coconut oil (melted)
200g raw sugar
90 g applesauce
3g lime zest
6g apple cider (or rice) vinegar
2g beet powder
7g freeze dried strawberry powder
70g ground almonds
7g baking powder
50g powdered sugar
5g freeze dried strawberry powder
juice from 1/2 lime
• Preheat oven to 170 C.
• Bring coconut milk to a gentle simmer. Add in kaffir lime leaves once warmed and steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard leaves and immediately add in 1/2 of the lime juice to warm liquid. Let coconut milk cool completely (appx. 20 minutes).
• In a separate pot, melt coconut oil. Once melted, let cool for 5-8 minutes. Mix in the remainder of the wet mixture ingredients including cooled coconut milk and lime juice.
• Measure out and combine all dry mix ingredients.
• Slowly incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture.
• Grease loaf pan (22 x12 cm) with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
• Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-50 min until the center is set.
• While cake is baking, prepare glaze. Measure all glaze ingredients and mix with whisk until smooth. Set aside.
• Once cake is fully baked, let cool completely. Glaze, serve, enjoy.